Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Here's to 2013 . . .

Back to England. This is still in the WW II Museum - Got Puppy's Pop Winston Churchill's Second World War - only 6 huge volumes.  He likes it.  Makes me happy. 
Beginning the new year on a good note. Kiddo is still sleeping at 9:15 this morning and Grampa  is on his way to Brooklyn International for the first flight of the New Year with the radio control plane built many years ago by youngest child. Of course as I  look out at the snow I can see the trees being buffeted by the winds. Hope Grampa can get in a successful flight! Watered my beautiful gardenia for the first time by immersing the pot in two inches of good well water. So far so good. It is beautiful. Spent two hours outside late yesterday afternoon as Kiddo and I made paths on the hill for fantastic sliding. When the sun went down the sledding got super slick and fast. What a great time we had. He brought his own saucer sled so I had to use the old purple plastic one by myself! Great fun. I quit after the first hour because my knee didn't like climbing up the hill so I just straddled the swing on the dogwood and watched Kiddo try to miss the spruce tree near the porch! He's always pushing the envelope. I told him that if he ended up a bloody mess I'd add to the mayhem! He got a smidgen more careful. We watched Return of the Jedi and were in bed by 11pm. He was asleep in two shakes of a lamb's tail ergo: tout de suite! Will go for breakfast with kid sister tomorrow. Looks like the weather will be cold and dry, perfect for the drive. Looking forward to seeing her.

Left my writing for a time. Kiddo got up at 10 and Grampa got back from a successful first flight with skis and witnesses. Grampa's youngest sister and her husband stopped in to hand deliver the 2013 calendar.They have given us calendars for many years. She always chooses the best calendars and I would miss them if they stopped bringing them! We had a wonderful visit. They look and sound spectacular. Laughed a lot, shed some tears and made sure they understand that as long as the garage door is open we're home. Hope they will stop often.

Quote:  Count the day lost, whose slow descending sun views from thine hand no worthy action done.    ___Young

No comments: