Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blew it big time . . .

Bonsai Gardenia #2 in action. Had to have Puppies' and Dante's Pop take the photo.  I kept muffing it!
Oh well, I did it again. We brought Kiddo home 2 1/2 hours early this morning! Got up at seven and it was snowing with the forecast indicating we would get up to 3 inches today before turning into heavy snow tonight. Never one to take chances, especially with our Kiddo, we packed up early and were on our way. Naturellement, when we got to Groton the sun came out! So we went to McD's for breakfast before bringing him home. Ended up waking Mom because we needed to make certain we didn't drop him off with no one home.  That would have been a second time!! Not good. So I made the poor kid knock on Mom and Dad's bedroom door just so I could rest in peace!

We went to Kiddo's brother's basketball game last night. The Eagles of Grasso Tech lost to Goodwin Tech of New Britain but we had a lot of fun watching the game. Kiddo loved watching Big Brother in action. Very cool. Big brother will graduate in June. Can't believe we've already come to that stage in his life. He is going to school, working after school at Cardinal Honda from 2 to 6 pm and from 8 am to 2pm Saturdays. He also kept some of his hours at Big Y and works there Sundays. Super good kid. He and his girlfriend were at the house Valentine's Day and he asked me to guess how many roses he had given to his girlfriend. So I guessed a dozen. Told "Be real, Irène!" I guessed again. " Twelve roses?" With a shocked look that said " How could you think I'm that cheap?" He told me, " Three dozen." So I immediately asked the young lady, "How come?" Answer, "He was bad yesterday." Too funny. They then went out to dinner at Foxwoods! She is a Junior at Grasso, hairdressing, I think.

We're back to snowing in Moosup. Sick of it. Was going to get a photo of King Tut today but circumstances prevented me from doing so.  Maybe next week.

Quote:  To analyze the charms of flowers is like dissecting music; it is one of those things which it is far better to enjoy, than to attempt fully to understand.   ___Tuckerman

No comments: