Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blueberry pie. . .

So much outlining and still more filling in to do!
To quote Puppies' and Danté's Pop, "It's colder than a witch's tit." Started out at 2 below, went to 3 below and it is now 9 above. That's progress for you! I'm going to finish up the frozen blueberries kid brother gave me ages ago and make a sweet, comforting, aromatic pie. Even though we went to Central Village for a very early breakfast I'm not venturing out for Mass. The roads are not good and I can't imagine the steps up to All Hallows are in very good shape. We couldn't make it (from Route 12 and by the Medical Center) up the drive way coming back from the Roadside Diner. I got out and opened the garage while Puppies' and Danté's Pop went down to the bridge to turn around and come at the yard with some speed. That worked out well. I'll spend the day cooking, watching UCONN men and women basketball, playing the keyboard, reading and maybe some cross stitch. I've only been working on it for a few years! I must say that it is truly beautiful to look out on the bright snow shining under the sun's rays. The sky is a perfect blue, no clouds. Don't think we'll get too much melting today before the rains come in tomorrow and raise havoc. Typical Nutmeg weather. Hoping younger brother and his wife make it home from Arizona although they could probably stay longer and keep away from this blinding, but beauteous snowy mess. The wind has died down so we do have a plus! Another plus - I exercised for half and hour and didn't cough.  Gee, five weeks and it seems I'm back to normal.

Quote:  There is no trifling with nature; it is always true, grave, and severe; it is always in the right, and the faults and errors fall to our share.  It defies incompetency, but reveals its secrets to the competent, the truthful, and the pure.   ___Goethe  (Not too sure about the revelation part!)

No comments: