Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wrong again . . .

As you can see the puzzle pieces are huge.  But I really liked the scene.
Thought I wasn't working hard enough in my Wii Fitness Coach work out. I finally accidentally found the list of things I could do to perk up the program besides just clicking on "No sweat!"  I had her crank it up and she threw in some more difficult moves which I liked. I ended up digging out the heart monitor and found myself pushing close to 150 bpm. I'd forgotten what the cardiac rehab guys had told me for my ideal beats per minute so I called this morning. Normal, 70 year old woman should be between 120 and 130. He checked out my results from the 12 weeks of rehab and told me I could go to the mid 130's but not over 140. So I checked out how things went today and I had to go back to my regular routine. I was surprised how hard I have to work to do pliés with bicep curls. So I'm going to just keep on working at my regular level and just let her beef it up a little when necessary.  Lesson learned for now!

On our cabin fever trip to Foster, RI and a snack at Shady Acres we had a pleasant surprise. A man sitting at the counter having his snack was a friend from our dating days! The minute I saw him I remembered our trip to Munson, MA for the motorcycle hill climbs. We had scrabbled our way to the top to get a good look at the action. On the way back down my feet got ahead of me and I was running pellmell without the ability to slow down. Sandy got in front of me and caught me. Good thing. I really was scared silly. I'm still wary when I'm walking down steep trails. Didn't realize how dangerous it could be. He and PS&D's Pop had a good time talking cars and politics. I put in my two cents too, naturellement! He is retired but his wife is still working at the Shepard Hill School. He's having a great deal of difficulty walking now. That's a real shame.

Finished my Grandma's Kitchen puzzle in record time - 5 days. Grampa did help me at the end. I took a photo of it and then boxed it up. I still think that it is an Alzheimer's puzzle. The pieces were too large for my liking. I may have to buy Ravensburger puzzles instead of Springbok for the next round, next winter!

Quote:  Early and provident fear is the mother of safety.    ____Burke

No comments: