Monday, February 18, 2013

Nice excursion . . .

Couldn't help myself.  The frost on the bedroom window was sparkling this morning.
Haven't had optimal conditions for out door activities so we went for a ride to Hog Heaven in Sturbridge, MA.  I can always find something new and different to get for Kiddo. Poor Grampa has given up hoping I won't find something I like! Today I found a Klutz Complete Build-It-Yourself Kit for a Solar Car! Now that is very neat. I won't bring it to Groton but will dig it out when Kiddo comes for a visit on a sunny day. A quote from the back of the package: "Batteries Not Included. But it's not a problem. The energy for this car is provided by a one-million-mile-wide ball of nuclear fusion located at 8.5 light-speed minutes away. We have provided unlimited access it this source of power at no additional cost.It comes free with every purchase."  That just ticked my fancy. The drive home is so beautiful along 169 and we stopped at Java Jive for lunch. Grampa found a new radio station he liked which provided the background music as we ate our sandwiches.  91.1 FM is broadcast from The Pomfret School and plays all kinds of odd oldies with no real advertisements. Will watch UCONN women go up against Baylor tonight at 9. I'm not certain they can pull it off but I'm hoping. That would be a fantastic win.  Think I'll go tickle the ivories for a while. I've finally found some songs I like and are easy enough for me to play! Hope I don't forget myself and start singing out loud! An aside: bought gas in MA for 40 cents a gallon cheaper than Connecticut!

Quote:  It is sweet to feel by what fine spun threads our affections are drawn together.   ___Sterne

No comments: