Monday, February 25, 2013

Cabin fever . . .

Back to England and WW II
Most assuredly have cabin fever. I just spent quality time with q-tips and organic pesticide oils cleaning up pockets of spider mites upstairs in the cold storage above the big bedroom attempting to save the Bonsai Gardenia Numéro 1. It's looking a bit peaked but I shall keep at it until I can put it out side, probably only in early May! It's such a beautiful plant but wow does it have problems. I may have to repot it too and even change the tray of rocks. We'll see what I can do playing Green Goddess! Gardenia #2 is very well and slowly some buds are unfurling. Didn't know that gardenias are very slow growing. That's a good thing for me. Maybe it'll help me to slow down. I'm always in a rush for something!

Grampa drove me to Cutler Middle School in Mystic yesterday and we watched Kiddo as his team won their game. The Groton Heat had to wait two hours for their next game so Kiddo and his Mom settled in to watch other games and Grampa and I went to their house so he could watch the Daytona 500 on the 60 inch screen, eat pizza and chips and drink beer! I went back for the second game and took all the back roads I could because I didn't have my license! The Heat got pretty beat up in this second game but Kiddo had an assist and handled his defensive duties well! He was all tuckered out and decided he really hated the Groton Celtics! So ends formal basketball for the season.

PS&D's Pop has offered to take me for a snack in RI so we can gas the car at better prices than here. I'll take him up on it just to get out. Had just enough snow last night to freeze on the driveway this morning but the bright sun is melting it away. Wish it would melt the whole yard. Still way too much snow. Can just about see the top of the rock outcropping to the right of the garage. And so I give it another  merdeski. (This is too funny. Spell check knows how to spell merdeski!) One other bright spot for today:  Kiddo had cut out all sorts of snowflakes and I had to color them. I used the pastels and they are very bright and peachy keen clinging to the fridge.

Quote:  O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath; a goodly apple rotten at the heart!  ___Shakespeare (Was he speaking of politicians?)

No comments: