Saturday, February 2, 2013

Not quite as planned . . .

 
 
Had a change of plans because of Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow, our forty-sixth wedding anniversary! We decided to go to the Corner Bistro today but, naturellement, they were not opening until 4pm and we wished to eat at 1pm. Our backup plan took us to the 99 Restaurant in the Killingly Mall area. It's a good thing we were late for lunch. The place was very busy but quite a few people were leaving when we arrived so we only waited about seven minutes. Food and drinks were really quite good. Much better than our last outing at a chain restaurant, the Outback, in Warwick. After a good lunch of fish and chips for Puppies' Pop and  delicious mac and cheese for me along with salads, key lime pie (moi!) beers and a Kahlua and Vanilla Stoli for me we got home in time to see the UCONN women beat St. John's by the skin of their teeth. Tomorrow I'll go to Groton late in the day to keep Kiddo out of mischief while Richoni's rocks!

We had a good Friday into Saturday visit with Kiddo. He found the old green fountain pen that MaTante Rose used to use, an empty ink bottle and the blotter on top of Grampa Rose's desk and asked how it worked. So we set him up at his table and he whiled away the time practicing  his cursive. Really enjoyed using that wonderful old pen. I don't think I ever expected to see it used again. We only put some water in the bottle but there must have been a lot of dried up ink in the pen. It worked like a charm. He even took a tour of his Aunt D's room to see her Waterman Calligraphy pen, the beautiful, colorful ink bottles and the instruction books I used (once, perhaps!) I think he'll be taking it all out again when he comes next Friday. He was really keen on using the pen!

Monday he has to give a report to his third grade class about King Tutankhamen. He has it pretty well figured out and a costume too. I hope he pulls it off without being too nervous. That's a tough job. At least those were tough jobs for me! The doctor called in an antibiotic for me yesterday and it seems to be working. Hallelujah! Four more pills to go and I hope the cough of 2013 is history! I know Grampa seconds that!

Quote:  If there is anything better than to be loved, it is loving.   ___Anonymous

No comments: