Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Contracts going out tomorrow . . .

They smell good.
 
Yay! Think we're finally under control with the oil to gas conversion. We found a little bitty ad in the classifieds with a phone number. Puppies and Dante's Pop called Mike Izbicki and the day after the call he came and gave an estimate of $7,800 for full installation plus taking out the oil tank and old furnace. He will buy the oil that is left in the tank. We received the contract today. It's obvious that he's not a newbie. He will deliver the Triangle Tube Excellence  High Efficiency Boiler after he receives half of the bill. When Yankee Gas brings the gas and meter to our house he will come back and do the work. We are sending both contracts out tomorrow with the half payment, bien sur. I'm excited. We'll actually have something pretty new and hopefully less costly than the poor oil boiler which has given yeoman service for  nigh 60 years!  I imagine, knowing me, that I'll be complaining when Yankee Gas doesn't get the meter set up soon, soon, soon!

Found out I really like Sirius XM now that I've fooled around with it and found Classic Radio, Book Radio and NASCAR besides Bluegrass and Canadian music (not very good.) The Garmin has learned how I like to go to East Granby! I think the latest downloads have really improved it a lot. Grampa had no trouble following its directions to Fairfield, NJ and back. Of course we're also getting better at knowing which roads we don't want to take!

 R and I were trying to remember a song from Oklahoma today and she finally started to sing it after we finished eating our ice cream at Granville Farm. "With you, it's all or nothing. All for you and nothing for me!" I had my iPad with me so I put Pandora on, typed in Oklahoma, connected it to the Hyundai radio and we were golden! It wasn't only songs from Oklahoma but we listened and sang along to some good "stuff!"

Expecting possible thunderstorms tonight. 72 degrees, humid and overcast. We haven't gotten the rain we were promised, at least not here in Moosup. Hope we get some rain but will gladly do without the thunder and lightning!

Quote:  One hour's sleep before midnight, is worth two after.   ____Fielding

No comments: