Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dona nobis pacem . . .

Canteen cap circa WW I
Mothers' Day Roses
Ten thirty Mass this morning and the choir sang Dona nobis pacem a capella as a round with variations. It was wonderful. Made the day even more joyful. Not quite 70 degrees but dry, sunny and blue skies up above. And to top it off Grampa brought me roses for Mothers' Day. They will last through to next Sunday so I'll be smiling all week!

Was digging up a place near the garage to put the irises that refuse to bloom on the hill and I found a cap to a canteen that dates  back to WW I. I put the photos on Facebook to see if anyone could help me figure out what I had. Leave it to two of my former French students to figure it out in two shakes of a lamb's tail! Good sleuthing! I was impressed.

Think I'll try to get Puppies & Dante's Pop to bring me out for ice cream!

Quote:  In idleness there is perpetual despair.   ___Carlyle

No comments: