Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer has arrived in its humid iteration . . .

Jack in the Pulpit
Accompanied Puppies and Dante's Pop to the flying field this morning and sweated my way up and down the hill and dale for about 45 minutes. Phew, that was hard work. Have no plans for today so I may sit on the porch glider and catch up on my reading and also play with the keyboard. I've decided to follow the Yamaha lesson plans just for shits and giggles. It's really fun.  Kiddo called last night to tell me about the solar system project he and his Mom have completed for school. He was so excited by what he has learned that I had to get him more books about each planet. It's amazing to see him and hear him light up when he's telling me what he knows. They watched the Triangle Sunset Sunday evening: Venus, Jupiter and Mercury in the western sky. I imagine that when I pick him up from school tomorrow he'll want to stay home and go in their new pool for an hour or so. That'll be fine. He loves the water and it's supposed to be in the 90's, worse than today.

Forgot to mention that I spoke with Jeanie D. the very kind lady who gave Pa the crazy Misty dog who liked to lick the butter that was left on the table! She's looking good and after having both knees replaced is getting around very well. She is a volunteer at St. James in Danielson. One of the pleasures of age is recalling the good, gently worn, beautiful episodes having put asunder the bad and the ugly.  Reminded friends, through Facebook, that the only way to dust is to open the doors and windows and let Nature do her job. Our Mother (Ma) was the best teacher. We've learned to live well.

Quote: The instruction received at the mother's knee, and the paternal lessons, together with the pious and sweet souvenirs of the fireside, are never effaced entirely from the soul.    ___Lamenais

No comments: