Thursday, January 22, 2015

Can't warm up today . . .


It's not that cold outside, 35 degrees, but I can't seem to warm up so I'll be staying home and doing a long indoor walk listening to my latest audio book while P&D's Pop goes off to the flying field with the Konica/Minolta to video his flights. He's on the phone now talking to his Louisiana friend. I love to answer the phone when Gil calls because he always asks me, "How are you, girl?" I just love to be called "girl" especially with his Louisiana accent. That makes my day.

Went to see younger sister yesterday and we finally found the Reese's Spreads that P&D's Pop has been asking for. We'd already tried Geislers and Big Y with no luck. The Stop&Shop in Granby had what we were looking for along with some Halos that middle child wasn't able to find in Groton. They are a Clementine but called Halos and Kiddo and his Mom like them the best. I hope I remember to bring them with me tomorrow. I'll probably just stay in Groton until 9pm because Kiddo has a basketball game Saturday morning and we're expecting some bad, freezing rain, sleet, snowy mix Saturday morning. There's no way I want us driving in it so it looks like we'll be home most of the day Saturday. I imagine they will cancel the game at St. B's as well.

May try to get a few bird photos later on today if the birds finally show up! The feeders are birdless which is unusual. There must be a hawk or something hanging around. The neighbor's cat often hides under the porch but I don't think the birds worry about him too much. Even the squirrels aren't running around. Just had my noon snack and have warmed up a bit; time to hit the walking trail in the living room!

Quote:  Passion may not unfitly be termed the mob of the man, that commits a riot on his reason.   ___Penn

No comments: