Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Grampa's Seventy-one . . .

Northern Flicker having his snack on  the lawn at noontime.
Not sure if 71 is a milestone. It  looks better than 72!  Hard to believe we've been around long enough to have two kids in their forties. Yikes. We don't do anything super special for birthdays anymore; went out for dinner at The 99 in Killingly because so far we've gotten good food and good service. Only had a little glitch on my Black Russian which came out looking like a very pale replica; even when it was 'fixed' it still was super pale. As luck would have it a former student  works there and he stopped by to ask us how things were. I had him look at my drink. He took it away and came back with a proper Black Russian. From now on I'll remember to insist on good liquor in my drinks!

Have made a couple of videos of Grampa flying his latest plane which he built from an online template. The videos were pretty good although the first one had to be done in the rain so the camera was in the cab of the Dodge Ram. We made the second one yesterday with a much better set up. At the end I swear thousands of Canadian Geese flew over my head, squawking so loudly they drowned out the plane's engine! I've never seen so many coming from different directions to join in one monster gaggle. I couldn't get them on video because we were just finishing up the plane video. We did end up with their squawks and some very distant looking geese trying to get in formation but that was just incidental.

Going to watch Kiddo play basketball at St. Bernard this evening. I hope it goes well. They've lost three games, two of them were very close. Would be nice if they get a win but what the heck - it's just a game and they certainly don't have much to work with. There are only eight kids on the team!

Quote:  Ignorance is a prolonged infancy, only deprived of its charm.    _____Boufflers

No comments: