Sunday, January 11, 2015

C'est si bon . . .


Ah bon! Oui, c'est si bon quand on mange ce qui est délicieux. Oh my, how good to eat comfort food. I made myself dark white toast with scads of soft oozing butter covered with dark brown sugar that seeped into every buttery nook along with P&D's Pop's coffee. Can't even describe how good that was. I had just returned from Mass and gassing the Hyundai for under $20. That is a truly incredible feat. It is so odd that I asked the clerk if she had made a mistake with my change! I'm accustomed to giving the clerks two twenties and getting at least seven dollars or so back and this time I just got a bit of change and a dollar bill. Must admit that feels pretty damned good.

Kiddo and I played a lot of Connect Four this weekend and although I would get ahead in scoring by four games or so he would always surge at the end and wipe me out. His strategy is better than mine. I get so excited about possible wins I miss the obvious. Go figure. Here I am 62 years older than he and he beats me pretty regularly. Perhaps I should follow my own advice and slow down and think!

I'm trying to get him to play the saxophone more by encouraging him to practice some Beatles solos. Most of his music is accompaniment so it's really hard to appreciate what he's playing. Not sure if my words of wisdom are considered wisdom by Kiddo but believe it or not he thanked me for talking to him about it! I find him to be a very interesting young man and although our conversations are at times bizarre I suppose when you've got 62 years of living under your belt the modern kid has got to think that you're the one with bizarre behaviors! We have a good time on our Frications.

Grampa just came up from the basement hangar with another volume of America, a history of the US from 1916 to 1925, copyright 1925 and he found a postcard dated March 14, 4-PM, 1950 - Conyers. It was addressed to Mémère Caron. I shall put a photo of it at the top of this day's blog.

I've been playing with my old Konica-Minolta because it takes better photos through windows than the Panasonic. It just doesn't have a good telephoto lens. Oh well, nothing can be perfect and it's up to me to play around with my new one and improve my photo taking skill but I get anxious if I'm playing and miss some good shots so I don't really practice with the settings. This must prove that I, at least, don't improve with age. I've been thinking about buying some Harvey's Bristol Cream just so I can feel calm, warm and comfortable sitting in my Vermont Folk Rocker and contemplating what ever pops into my feeble brain. Seems to me the Sherry would be a perfect accompaniment to my getting-lazier-by-the-year self!

Quote:  The man that hath not music in himself, and is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils; let no man trust him.   ___Shakespeare

No comments: