Friday, July 8, 2016

Gotta get out . . .

Near the end of the driveway
Not sure if I can live up to my good intentions but I just threw out my easy links to FaceBook. I really should just get out of it altogether but there are still things I like to share and there are still people I enjoy hearing about so I'll just see if I can maintain my own invisibility for now. Not sure I can be good about staying away but I'm so tired of what I consider the stupidity so blatantly apparent in the nonsense that shows up, and yes I'll include myself in these inane, ubiquitous, know nothing posts, that I'll try to modify my own behavior. I think that when I go back I shall limit myself to a fifteen minute session once a day and only look at notifications from people whose posts I enjoy and perhaps a photo or two of the wonders around us. We'll see if I can accomplish this.

Went to Immaculate Conception Early Learning Center yesterday but they really didn't need any help so I went to the office in charge of the Catechism classes but it seems they're on summer hours! I think summer hours means whenever they decide that they should look in at the office to make sure it's still air conditioned and it's running smoothly! I did go back today and the Early Learning Center did need a helper for a substitute teacher with a dozen 5 year olds. She was pleased to have me and I even got a chance to read a book to the class and sing some of the lines! That's almost a sad story as I can't sing very well. But they were patient and helped me out on the chorus! I left at noon because the regular teacher returned and along with the paid sub she was in good shape as the kiddos take at least an hour nap or quiet time. I did manage to snag a taco for lunch. They feed the kids lunch every Friday otherwise they bring their lunches from home.

Must admit that it gets pretty warm here in southern Louisiana but I'm still trying to walk for 30 minutes each evening. I prefer to walk outside rather than in the house. P&D's Pop hasn't been flying as much because the parks are not mowing the grass often enough in this very hot, humid weather. The  grass grows very fast and could be mowed every other day! I think they almost wait two weeks at some of the parks. He will meet his buddy G. for a flying date at Doyle's Bayou tomorrow morning but I'm going to stay home and see if I'm in a baking or shopping mood.

Quote:  'Tis in my head; 'tis in my heart; 'tis everywhere; it rages like a madness, and I most wonder how my reason holds.    ____Otway

No comments: