Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Help . . . I'm caught in the digital world and I want to be in the snail mail world . . .

Plain sunset
I should be laughing but it's not always funny. I'm sick of the digital edition of National Review. It used to come in like clockwork; I could put it in my iBook and it was ready for me when I wanted it. It no longer comes in the PDF format but downloads to the digital newsstand which sometimes tells me I have to pay for it again and sometimes lets me download it but not in my iBook. In any case I called to change my subscription and have hit more snags than imaginable. Three phone calls and more than one email later I'm wondering if they'll get it right. I realize they run on a non-existent budget but gee whiz it's tough when no one really knows what's going on. I had a good hearty laugh with one of the women I spoke with because we were just going in circles. Maybe someone, my last contact who wanted it all in an email will get it right. He promised!

Spent the Fourth of July at Big Kiddo's house for a cookout and the best fireworks. I love fireworks and if I had known that I could have added to the packages they had I would have bought some too. They were so much fun and right smack dab in front of your face. I bet I could easily go through $1000 and not have enough so, naturellement, I shall never do that but it's a seriously good thought for when my ship comes in. I would have them light the sky all over the USA not just the places that can afford a show. That would be so neat.

Had a nice visit from P&D's Pop's flying buddy and his wife. They are very nice with warm southern hospitality showing plain and clear on their handsome faces. I hope we get to go out to dinner or lunch one day in the Fall when the weather is more cooperative for being outside. It is mightily warm and humid here and this is only the beginning. The heat doesn't get to me as much as the brightness of the sun. It seems as though it is always directly overhead and burns right through to your soul. If burning cleanses then we should  be the most righteous people on earth but that doesn't seem to be the case. North, South, East or West we all have our share of imbeciles, crackpots, insane, mean, nasty, good, kind, sweet, lovable persons of every color, religion +. I get tired just thinking about all of the possibilities for deviant behaviors when we should all try to be good, kind, sharing, intelligence seeking humans.  What a frail being is man. What the heck was God thinking? Hoping He can get it right soon! Wouldn't that be wonderful.  If He leaves it to humanity we're doomed. Have to send Him an SOS.

Well, I guess that stream of consciousness op ed must be because I ended up with too much sweet stuff and am on a sugar high. Was almost caught in a huge traffic jam but managed to turn around and come home by another route that took me by Debbie's Snoball Express; stopped and bought  the richest blueberry cheesecake and ice cream snoball ever. Think I'll go sit outside and crash on my swing in the full blown heat. No one ever said I had to make sense. That's another good thing!

Quote:  Superstition renders a man a fool, and scepticism makes him mad.    ____Fielding

No comments: