Saturday, July 9, 2016

Perhaps man is fatally flawed

Newbies
The optimist in me may be slowly ebbing its way into dark imaginings and fears. There are lessons that mankind should have already learned over the millennia but we keep doing the same mean, vicious, cruel, ignorant,  purposeful acts. There is no beauty, love or kindness when human beings treat other human beings as creatures from the satanic realm of hell. This lack of good judgement is world wide and religion has not found a correction for the debased form of man who has no will or desire to do good. Perhaps the gods of evil are winning the battle for the soul of mankind. It seems we are born helpless, impressionable, useless, dependent and if a man and a woman do not take the time to raise a new being with great love and greater rigor in the ways of a good human being then we are left with a world of selfish, uncaring, ignorant, self-satisfied, wanting, cruel animals that make the animal kingdom with its natural impulses seem sweet, mild and loving as it protects its young and territory. We seem to be living in a senseless time where technology may not be helpful in fostering the goodness we should be able to see in ourselves and in all human beings. Not feeling very hopeful at this time but I shall go about my daily routines, not expose myself to dangers, and there are real dangers in this modern world, but I will continue to look for goodness in our horribly blighted world.

Really can't be a pessimist. There is something in me that refuses to believe that human beings can't manage to live together. There will never be peace on earth but I can hope that there will be enough good people in all lands willing to try to enjoy this beautiful earth and let others enjoy their part of the earth in their own ways. I guess it would be my fervent prayer but I'm not certain the God of my fathers can do anything to help us forlorn creatures. Did He miss a gene somewhere, the gene for being thoughtful, rational beings?

Yes, Baton Rouge, Dallas prey on my mind as does September 11, 2001 and the atrocities in Europe and across planet earth - no longer the big blue marble but a big black cesspool of hate. Can it be redeemed?  That is the question.

Quote:  Do not talk about disgrace from a thing being known, when the disgrace is, that the thing should exist.   ___Falconer

No comments: