Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Much too hot and muggy . . .

The strutting turkey is in his backyard which borders the Park. There are no fences so once in a while you may even find some of the neighbor's chickens have laid eggs in a ditch!

Good looking Turkey!

Northern Mocking Bird

Red-headed Woodpecker

PD&C's Pop winding up the control's for his plane. Calling it a day.

 Had to walk in the gym at North Park this afternoon. 91 degrees in the backyard with 65% humidity is most uncomfortable. I really am thankful that we have superior accommodations and good people in DS. The funniest thing is I was trying to listen to Audible on my hearing aids and I couldn't hear anything coming from my little iPod. I was fiddling with it in every way I could as I walked until I finally reached up to check on my hearing aids - I didn't have them on! Jeez Louise, if this is what growing up is all about I will have to slow down. Since I had the entire gym to myself  I was able to listen by putting the iPod pretty close to my ear. It worked out okay but I drive myself crazy when I do stuff like that!

Even with all of the rain we've had I had to water the tomatoes, cucumbers and flowers. Since they are all in pots it is a tiresome chore. I like to do it when it is cool out but in the summertime it is a lot of work, especially for lazy moi! I have to stop adding plants to my menagerie but I find it hard to resist buying all those beautiful flowers at Clegg's. I'm hooked and must control the urge to stop there when I'm roaming around town.

LSU Baseball has managed to make it into the second round of playoffs for the College World Series.  I stayed up until 12:23 last night to watch them win their second game of the day or be eliminated from the competition. I find it exciting to watch the young players trying to do their best to keep moving up to the finals. It really would be a shocker if they can pull it off. GEAUX TIGERS!  

Quote: The deepest wishes of the heart find expression in secret prayer. George E. Rees.

Quote:  Those who are greedy of praise prove that they are poor in merit.  ___Plutarch 


No comments: