Thursday, June 3, 2021

Too many photos . . .

Eastern Bluebird sitting for a photo shoot.


I was enthralled with the photos I was able to take yesterday at South Park. PD&C's Pop invited me to go  with him while he walked the Pupster, our son's old puppy who is staying with us while her humans are catching all the fish in Texas! That's just a little exaggeration. It has taken me quite some time to thin out the photos and I'm finished. This little ladybird stayed in front of the camera lens for a long time.  It was unexpected and rare. But I'm always excited and pleased when I can take more than one photo of a subject.

I spent the day doing some grocery shopping, reading the tiny bit of news fit to be in print and having lunch with my true love. We had a late lunch at Big Mike's so I didn't have to cook dinner. I also indulged in a to go Black Russian which I have nursed for over four hours. I keep adding ice and it is just perfect. That was to celebrate beating AT&T at its own game, kinda! We have one old prepaid cell phone and one new version of the same old flip phone that we had to buy since the old phones are  not 5G compatible. We only use them for emergencies; we've been having trouble when we try to use them to make sure they are working properly from our home.  I called that awful company and explained the problem yesterday. It only took me an hour on the phone with three different people from three different departments to end up with the last lady hanging up on me and then charging my awful new flip phone $4 for the call AT&T initiated. I tried to call 611 this morning to get the money put back into the account and of course because of the crazy pandemic they can't answer the calls in person. That ticked me off so I went to the AT&T store which is about a mile from our house and spoke with a very nice young man. He had the charge reversed! Now that was great. I feel badly for the young people who work for AT&T because they have to put up with a lot of disgruntled people and there really isn't anything that the company will do to help their workers deal fairly, calmly and well with customers. Of course AT&T wants me to get an iPhone through them but I have an iPhone through our daughter-in-law's plan so I don't need anything else. The only reason I have kept up the old flip phones is because we've had the prepaid plan for years. Way back when the company was overcharging their customers the government made them reimburse the customers they had defrauded. Now we're stuck with these two weird phones and the company won't allow me to put the money from the two accounts together in one account. They still owe us about $160 in minutes and are always trying to get us to miss the yearly deadline to renew them. I make darned sure I keep up with the yearly deadline or we will lose the money. They will not send us the money and close the accounts so we have to play their game. It is tiresome but rather funny. Of course I despise dealing with AT&T but most of the young people I've dealt with when I have a complaint are very nice. As a matter of fact I think that the lady who did hang up on me probably didn't do it on purpose. She was trying to send me some kind of code and I never managed to find it  - poor woman.

Oh well, time to call it a day.

Quote:  The moral progression of a people can scarcely begin till they are independent.   ___Martineau

Quote:  Eloquence is vehement simplicity.  _____Cecil
 

No comments: