Thursday, June 10, 2021

Not a superior day for sure . . .

My special UK Marble

 Not in the  mood for the camera and photos but I love my beautiful Marble photo. It is always on the center island in the kitchen so I can smile all day long when I walk by and see it. I need calm at this moment!

I drove to Zachary for a follow up appointment at 1:30 with the orthopedic doctor and he wasn't there. The poor lady tried to explain that the office had tried to call me and cancel the appointment. She said they tried to call yesterday. Well that is impossible because there are no calls listed on the phone from BROC yesterday or this morning. Somehow there was a mistake made and no one will accept the responsibility. I was bummed. I asked if another doctor at the Orthopedic Clinic could see me as it was just a follow up and she said that was impossible. I'm Dr. W's patient and he is the only one I can go to. She asked if I was having any problems. I said no and what was I supposed to do now? I suggested she ask Dr. W if it was necessary for me to see him or could I just call if I had any more problems. She said that was a good idea and would call me today or tomorrow to let me know what he said. I really liked him but the office visit we were supposedly following up on was also a mess. I was told to be there at 1:30 and then they called and told me to only come for 3:30, which I did, and he saw me at 5pm. I left his office after 5:30 and didn't get home until almost 7pm. I was pretty disgusted with the waiting but the shot he gave me has worked very well as has the physical therapy. I'm through with the PT but make sure do to my daily exercises and walk for at least 45 minutes at least 5 days a week. So I guess I won't worry about seeing him again unless the crazy hip acts up.

To reward myself (I really wanted a Black Russian to go) I stopped at Marble Slab and ordered a Hot Fudge Sundae with coffee ice cream and walnuts. Their ice cream display case was broken so they had to go into the deep freeze in the back of the store to scoop the ice cream. My sundae came back with green ice cream. I didn't even bat an eyelash - I paid for it and ate it all. The truth is I have no idea what kind of ice cream I ate - it may have been pistachio or mint - I couldn't tell and I know that my taste buds are pretty good even though I'm getting to be an oldster.

 After I got home the men came to fix our problem with the air conditioning at a cost of $1077 with our discount. It is worth having One Hour on call for our air conditioning and heating. We have never had a problem with the people who come to our home. They are efficient, nice, good people. They always explain the problems we have and how they are going to fix them and the cost up front. They will also let you know if there is problem that they can't fix and what must be done to get it taken care of. It is a blessing to have a company we can count on. Our home is about 25 years old so some things will always need fixing!

Enough complaining for today.

Quote:  Little, vicious minds abound with anger and revenge, and are incapable of feeling the pleasure of forgiving their enemy.   ____Chesterfield

Quote:  To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage.   ____Confucius

No comments: