Monday, June 7, 2021

Quiet day . . . peaceful . . .

Great Egret stalking its prey on our neighbor's lawn which looks like their private pond!

Even though this could be a better photo I am so happy to have taken it. It is very difficult for me to get either the Carolina Chickadee or the Tufted Titmouse in a photo. I was excited to get them both in one photo. Yay!

One of my best photos of the Carolina Chickadee. I only have a few others where the focus was good.

Not as well focused as I would have liked but pretty neat anyhoo!

Red-bellied Woodpecker has been a regular this year. Very nice.

 I only left the house today to go to North Park and walk in the gym. The humidity is stifling. There were three young men who came into the gym while I was walking. There are often big kiddos and men, an occasional woman coming to practice basketball in the gym.  I make sure I am not in their way and stick to the sides and the entrances so they have the hoop free. But there are side hoops too and sometimes it can get a little tricky walking. Today I found the small side gym where they hold exercise and dance classes free so I moved my walking to the smaller area.  It is still a good sized, air-conditioned room. As I was listening to my Audible a woman came in and I was getting ready to leave because I thought there was a class coming in. Pat said there was no class and she saw me walking and decided to join me! So I turned off the iPod and she followed me as I put in my forty-five minutes. It went well as we walked and chatted. When I left she said she was happy I was there or she would never have walked as much! I told here I was at North Park almost every afternoon during the week. She said she'd probably come again. She used to go to the classes before the pandemic pandemonium; today was her first day back to the little gym.

Took these photos yesterday when the rain finally quit for a while. I was pleased to see the birds come. We even had birds seeking shelter on the back porch during the rain! Neato!

We watched LSU Baseball yesterday. They won two games.  They are playing at 9pm tonight. If they can win they will be going on to play more games; if not they will be done for this year. We're rooting for them.  It has been a tough year. Their coach is retiring when their season is over. Here's hoping Coach Mainieri can get a few more wins. 

Quote:  He that is not open to conviction, is not qualified for discussion.  ___Whately

Quote: The dews of evening -- those tears of the sky for the loss of the sun. ___Chesterfield

No comments: