Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dryas julia


Another dark and dreary day so we need a bright zoo picture from the Butterfly Garden.

Had a unique experience last evening. Sitting in my usual spot for my before bedtime snack and in the dark, of course, a lightning bug paid me a visit. It came to the window screen and winked at me twice! I was so delighted. It's amazing that these seemingly mundane experiences thrill me. It's nice to have the time to just sit quietly and appreciate what we have all around us.

Was going to UCONN today but the weather is so rainy that I may just work on my hooked rug. I've been working on it for years! The colors were chosen before the kitchen got its steel support beam and new flooring in 2005. But I can still use the rug if I only get it finished! Problem is I also have a lot of day time reading to catch up on so I'm not sure what will win out: rug, lighthouse puzzle given by friends just to make my life harder, or National Review?

No comments: