Thursday, July 23, 2009

This calls for a Celebration!


Well I did it! The Magellan Maestro 3250 came in yesterday and immediately proceeded to give me a headache. The warranty was only 90 days and the CD for the documentation didn't work! A call to Magellan in California got me my 1 year warranty but they had no more CDs so I was told to go on line for the information about the unit. (I didn't print it out because it was over 70 pages! ) I said my "Thank you's" and went to the Saturn to try it out with that nice new SD card with the 2009 maps. Oh, Oh! GPS system said that my SD card was not compatible! So, I emailed Magellan about the new problem but I received no return email help. Today I called again and was told that I had to download the latest version of the Maestro in order to be able to use the 2009 card. That young whippersnapper got me in touch with another whippersnapper and we did manage to download the newest version to my computer but not to the receiver because it needed a full charge, which it didn't have. So... 3 1/2 hours of charging in the car (no other way to charge it!) and I was able to download the latest version and put in the new maps and Voila! I have a neat little contraption. I've been playing with it. I can find the nearest gas station, restaurant, hospital etc. What a blast! I think I'll have to do some traveling to new places to see if I can use it properly. For $79 I got a steal! Thank you, Daughter!You may use it whenever you need it!

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

And that is why I paid more for my Garmins. No need for customer service. :D