Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mama Peacock and family


Another "Phew!" day. Started out cloudy and humid so we took in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Had to see it in 3D because of the time slot we chose. It was fun and if you like Scrat I'm sure you'll get a kick out of his antics. When we left the theater it was bright and sunny and hot! Of course Puppy's Pop had to go flying at the Dog Track so I went for my walk. Bad idea. I can't get cooled off! But that's OK maybe I'll lose a few pounds.

Spent part of the day yesterday writing to my congressman, senators and president. I'm getting despondent over the mess they insist on making of our economic system, health care, judiciary and government in general. We definitely need term limits! They get so entrenched they have no clue how the rest of us live. I'm getting downright churlish! The Supreme Court should also have limits. I think some of them are already senile. I'm going to try to put in a link to the Thomas Paine video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA
This man has made other videos so check him out.

Quote of the day: "Other things being equal, that is the best government which most liberally lets its subject or citizen alone. -Through the whole range of authority he governs best who governs least. -A. Phelps

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Keep writing, but kings don't have to listen.

Qu'que chose said...

I know. None of them do. We may have to have a Revolution.