Saturday, August 1, 2009

Green Snake!


Super good news! Brown did a good delivery yesterday, all intact and brought into the house! My case of German wines through BASF has arrived! 4 Piesporter Goldtropfchen riesling Kabinett; 4 Spatburgunder dry and 4 Chateau Prieure Marquet - Bordeaux Superieur (actually a French wine but still sent from Germany. ) I can hardly wait to sample them! (2 reds and a white) But we're going to make them last by being very choosy about when we drink them. May have to limit ourselves to one a week! I tell ya, life is good!

I forgot to mention that in Ice Age they've got a new character who is most charming. His name is Buck and he reminds me of a young Royal Airman I've gotten to know. A definite "Good Guy."

Something has eaten the tops off of my Swiss Chard! I think it's a deer that Grampa and I saw up by the spring yesterday. I hope it doesn't eat any more stuff. The garden is a bit thin this year. We've only gotten a few cucumbers, 7 beans, and 6 yellow crook neck squash so far! Of course the asparagus was delicious!

Grandson almost made his TV debut this week. He and his Dad had a wrecker call in Mystic and Channel 3 was doing some video shots. Well ... all we got to see was the flatbed backing up to the wrecked Jeep but it was still pretty neat!

Quote: " When the million applaud you, seriously ask what harm you have done; when they censure you, what good!" --Colton

No comments: