Monday, August 10, 2009

Jamestown, RI - Not a good choice

View from the Gardens. Victoria, BC

Puppy's Pop and I thought that a Monday would be a fine day for Jamestown. Forgot that RI has the day off as a holiday - their VJ Day Holiday! What a mess! We did an about face and went to Oakland Beach instead which is in Cranston, I believe. We took a nice walk along the boardwalk, had a Del's Lemonade, stopped for some propellers at Ray's and so all in all we did pretty well for a staggeringly humid day.

Another bright spot. Grampa did some shopping for me last Friday while I was in Groton. He went to Big Y. Don't you know - he came home with a GOLD COIN! It's been years since I've gotten a gold coin. We must have spent $50,000 for our groceries to finally get one! Good on him!

Hey, I think that this works! (Good job, 2Evil!) It's a Bulletin story about VJ Day in Moosup. Try this!

Quote: I quote others only the better to express myself. --Montaigne

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

See? Piece of cake.