Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday rest

Cleaning the dining room windows from our private balcony

Man, are we cooking today. Summer has arrived with a vengeance! I had to water the two Rose of Sharon that younger brother gave me. I don't want to lose them. They're very colorful bush like trees. Have no clue what color they'll turn out to be. Maybe if I don't kill them like I did the last two I'll find out in 2010! Can't believe that the sun is getting so low in the sky that it hardly comes in the kitchen windows in the afternoon; of course the trees around the property have grown so tall they probably help keep us in the shade.

Went to late Mass today. I must say that I enjoy going to All Hallows. We are a microcosm of the USA and even though we have our dingbats, they're our dingbats and it's so comfortable here. The a Capella singers have clear voices and work so well together - they must range in age from 14 to 60. Also walked around an auction site after breakfast and saw some really wondrous items; items I still use everyday here at home. M...m...m... I hope that's not telling me that I'm out of date. Ouch . . . that hurts! Also stopped in at the neighbors near the Grove Street Cemetery who were having a yard sale. Met some friends of the middle child's youth. Pretty cool beansies!

Reading the Hartford Courant and I had to laugh. Check it out!

Quote: The eyes of other people are the eyes that ruin us. If all but myself were blind, I should want neither fine clothes, fine houses, nor fine furniture. --Franklin