Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to Vancouver

These beautiful pots of flowers surround the hotel. Similar pots also hang over all of the outdoor walks.

Shouldn't be talking about the weather, but . . . it's really gross out there! Ninety in the shade and so humid it's hard to take a breath. Good day for catching up on National Review. We didn't even go fly the planes or walk this morning. Did a bit of shopping and called it a day.

I'm listening to The Cat in the Hat Songbook on a new CD. We have it on vinyl but that's too clunky to take in the car. I decided that grandson needed to hear My Uncle Terwilliger Waltzes With Bears so I found a CD and bought it for too much money. But it's fun. I've been driving him batty singing the song so now he'll be able to hear it properly sung. See how compassionate I can be?

Quote: If you do not wish a man to do a thing, you had better get him to talk about it; for the more men talk, the more likely they are to do nothing else. --Carlyle

No comments: