Monday, July 6, 2009

Pepere's Indian Peace Pipes


Thinking of Pepere reminds me that I should probably explain my Blogger Heading. When I was little I used to visit MaTante Rose's and MonOncle Joe's house especially on Saturdays. MaTante Rose would always send me to MaTante Blanche's and I was told to ask for a "Qu'que chose." MaTante Blanche would always give me "something" to take home with me; a cold cream jar, a little statue, a piece of the most delicious sponge cake, a clam cake, a pretty button. I never realized that my "Qu'que chose" was really the French expression "Quelque chose" which of course means "something." It was pronounced "kukshoze." I thought it was an English word! Crazy kid!

It's nice to see the Indian Peace Pipes after all these years. I've been cleaning up along the wall surrounding the property and the Peace Pipes must love the newly uncovered musty, matted, spongy earth.

No comments: