Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Palpable air day! Phew!

Antelope at the Bronx Zoo, so graceful, elegant and casual.

Unbelievable how miserable 80 degrees can be when you have 82 percent humidity! Good thing the sun decided not to come out. I'm going to get the air conditioning in the Saturn fixed this afternoon. That's a plus!

Yesterday's excursion to East Granby, CT was easy, fun and fast! The GPS finally caught up with me when I got on Route 6. It kept wanting me to go to Norwich and get on Route 2. It brought me right to my younger sister's doorstep. They have a nice one bedroom apartment in a really nice area. Their immediate backyard has beautiful red maples, lawn which abuts a wooded area so they have all sorts of rabbits and deer playing around. The birds are plentiful and she's even been able to plant some sunflowers and tomatoes. They're also on line and have all sorts of cable TV channels and time to relax. I had lunch with them and now that she's retired and has a home I'll be able to go visit regularly. I'm looking forward to seeing their grandkids. They were at Disney World for the week.

The newest of our home air conditioners crapped out on us. It was only 7 years old! Of course the warranty period was up 6 years ago! The old unit that we got from Uncle R was bought in 1988 and it's still going strong. Oh well, we bought a new one and perhaps we can get 7 years out of it; I'm sure it'll never last over 20!

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Damned cheap units.

Qu'que chose said...

You always make me laugh out loud to the point of hurting!