Thursday, July 23, 2009

Time for a Mimosa Break!


Believe it or not it was so hard to get any pictures of the Mimosa that can even come close to showing how beautiful it is. I got Grampa to help because he has lots more patience than I!

On rainy Tuesday we went to see the new Harry Potter movie The Half Blood Prince. It was only OK. Certainly not as effective as the first two. I miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore. But it does make you look forward to the last set of movies. They'll make the last book into 2 movies. How clever!

I had never read Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'Ubervilles. I've just finished reading it. I can imagine that it caused quite a stir when it was written. All I can say is she should have killed them both! I do enjoy reading the classics. The descriptions are powerful and evocative. Wish I could find some modern day authors that actually write poetic prose!

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Were they neighbors of the Baskerville dogs?

Qu'que chose said...

Une possibilite!