Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lion's Gate Bridge

On our way to Ketchikan. Have to go under the bridge when you leave Vancouver. We were at sea for an entire day. We had time to get to know the ship. If you'd like to see the inside of the Veendam click here. Go to ships, Ms Veendam and Veendam slide show. We had a verandah suite.

Grampa got the kitchen going while I was in Groton yesterday. Cooked up a mean spaghetti sauce and pasta plus fried up some summer squash, peppers and onions. Great supper. While we were eating friends stopped by and brought us a nice big bag of shagbarks. They pick up their grandson in Canterbury and bring him home to wait until his Mom gets out of work. Their daughter has the shagbark trees in her front yard.

I got beat in basketball yesterday even though I had the little one on my side to begin with. Since we weren't winning he decided to team up with his big brother and I went down. After a few walks up and down the hill on their street while they skateboarded and "scootered" I was ready to come home and relax!

No comments: