Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weather update

I remember my Pepere doing washes in the cellar with our old copper tub. I don't recall it being mechanized but Puppy's Pop says they used to have gas engines. I also remember the rollers that squeezed the water out before we hung the clothes up to dry. Wow, I've got to stop looking at this old stuff. Of course I was very, very young then! But I think that the rollers had to be added to the washer?

It's pretty cloudy and cool today but a good day for walking; a bit tough on the flying! Found a shagbark tree that isn't dropping its nuts yet and did try a few that fell early. They seem to be alright. So I guess we just have to patiently wait for Fall to do its job! Even the pumpkins are still ripening in the garden along with my ornamental gourds. Hope they don't rot! Still getting Swiss Chard and tomatoes.

Quote: The heart of the giver makes the gift dear and precious.---Luther

1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...

I've done away with the crazy words in order to be able to leave a comment. Let's see if this works.