Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Bluebird Family Show . . .


Puppy's Pop's incredible Bluebird Family Show continues! We watch the three young ones and their parents zipping around in a feeding frenzy across our small domain. He also put up part of his Grampa Rose's weather vane on which he hung a shallow birdbath. He was doubtful any birds would avail themselves of the pure, sweet well water. But, ah ha, the bluebirds beat the finches to it and take baths daily! As I write I can see one of the young ones on the corner of the roof over Ma Tante's room hunting. He is shimmering even though the sun isn't out today. I'm watching him through our 100 year old wavy windows! The Fox Family is still littering. We find carcasses all over the place, especially squirrel. That is a well fed Fox Family. Pretty soon Grampa thinks that the second trio of bluebird eggs will hatch and we'll see the first three help out with the feeding of the newbies. He's never had the pleasure of baby birds growing up in our yard and helping out with the chores. They've been hatched here but always take off into the woods and we rarely saw them. I sometimes wonder if having the tamaracks felled last fall has opened up the yard so much that the wildlife is more abundant. Perhaps we can just see what's going on better! I find that I don't miss the trees except when I recall Pa and Mon Oncle Joe taking them from the forest and planting them some sixty years ago. Will be helping out in Groton on Tuesdays for the summer. Yesterday we spent a lot of time in the pool. He pooped me out. The Kiddo and I walked to lunch at Richoni's. He had a hamburger and fries and I my BLT. Not sure what we'll be up to today. The weather looks quite gloomy. Maybe we'll just empty out his bookcase, take out the baby books and go to Borders for some Black Lagoon and Freddie Fernortner books. I'll bring his too young for him books home with me and put them in the old Encyclopedia Britannica bookcase we bought before we were married! The encyclopedias were sent off some years ago when Grampa and I cleaned out the upstairs and paid to have all the stuff carted away! We knew at the time that we were paying to have some good stuff carted off but it was worth it. Too much stuff! It's still accumulating as I write!

Quote: No cord or cable can draw so forcibly, or bind so fast, as love can do with a single thread. __Burton

No comments: