Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pretty good weekend . . .


Gloomy, rainy Friday but still managed to have a great day. Picked Kiddo up at noon so his Dad would have some time with him at Richoni's. He's eating a pretty good breakfast now! I taught him how to roll the pancakes at McD's and dunk them in syrup. So we finally have a hotcake breakfast eater along with his infamous hash browns. We got home and it was cold and gray. He immediately had Grampa outside so he could practice shooting his Uncle's old compound bow. He hasn't enough strength yet to pull it back all the way but he did get it to go through a cardboard target and stick into the garage! He got a kick out of that. I had to go out and watch while Grampa handed him arrows. I've ordered an archery glove and arm protector because I remember when I used to shoot the long bows and my arm would get skinned! He may not need it but he does need the special glove to protect his fingers. I don't want him to quit liking archery. It's a good sport. After his reading and Xtramath on line he, Grampa and I played Wii Resort sports. Grampa beat us pretty handily and when I left them for some housecleaning they played Ben Ten as a team. Kiddo really liked having Puppy's Pop for a partner and not Mémère. They kept running through bad guys. When I play he has to stop the game and let me off while he continues on his own! I seem to hold him back! He kept praising Puppy's Pop, "You're good Grampa! Keep following me. Now fight." It was fun just to hear them. The kid's getting so smart that when he wants to watch TV in the evening he asks for Red Green! After we brought him home yesterday we packed up the Dodge and went to the old Sterling school where Puppy's Pop flew and I changed my walk to around the parking lot. I also took some photos so he can show how he's managed to fix up his own private flying field. What a character. The sun did come out yesterday and it was a beautiful afternoon and evening that we spent just enjoying our Moosup cottage.

Quote: The truest eloquence is that which holds us too mute for applause. ___Bulwer

No comments: