Sunday, June 5, 2011

Newport Creamery . . .

And the fun is gone. Our exotic dancer waitress is gone. What on earth are we coming to? Gee, it's hard to just get in a normal day around these parts! The weather was so good this morning that I skipped Mass and went walking in Sterling as Puppy's Pop flew to his heart's content. It wasn't even windy. We've forgotten what non windy days are like. I've been walking indoors this week even though it's been sunny because the wind was wicked. I never dust or vacuum twice in a week, never. Except I did this week because the pollen was so bad everything was dusty yellow and we were both sneezing our heads off. I even washed the Pontiac this morning after my walk because it too was a disgusting yellow-gray mixed with bird poo. After that we left for Harbor Freight in Warwick to pick up a U.S. General A/C Manifold Gauge Set. Then I lucked out because I talked Puppy's Pop into a stop at Newport Creamery in Coventry. He only wanted a coffee but I settled for a fresh home made chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. How delicious. That should keep me for a while. I checked the garden and everything is growing, even the potatoes! It took them a while to appear. Even the nasturtiums have finally popped out. They should look pretty as a border to my taller flowers and they are edible! Hoping to see big brother tomorrow but can't get a hold of him to find out if they'll be unbusy!

Quote: When once a man is determined to believe, the very absurdity of the doctrine confirms him in his faith. ____Junius (Not sure if Junius was thinking of religion but I'm not. I'm thinking of liberals and their agenda.)

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Nasturtiums? Great. I need fresh capers.