Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Of tornado watches and a doe . . .







From the bottom. Deer walking along before I get home from Groton. Middle shot. I've just gotten home and have no clue what's happening! Top shot. I tried to get some photos as she sauntered around the left side of the garage. They were horrible, but I kept this one where she's checking out the swallow nestlings in a bluebird box.

Glad the tornado watch is over. Brother called from Southbridge, MA to see if we were all right. Nothing of consequence happened in Windham County that we know of but he lives in South Worcester County and Sturbridge has some damaged homes. Springfield, MA also has quite a bit of damage, not sure if there are any casualties. Hope not. We did have a short thunderstorm at supper time and it is still very humid and overcast but that's it. I expect it to stay that way!

I got home from Groton about 5:15 and Puppy's Pop got my attention and had me look up the hill to the right of the garage. There was a lovely doe having a walking feast. She was not shy. I went in and got the camera because she just sauntered across the top of the yard to Ma Tante Blanche's side. I took 76 photos and they were all terrible. I used the wrong setting and I'm not steady when I'm trying so hard to be steady. Damn.

Younger sister just called to check up on any storm problems which we thankfully don't have. She's also doing fine but the weather has been devastating just north of them. She's still in a tornado watch until 11pm.

Quote: The sobbing wind is fierce and strong; its cry is like a human wail. ___Susan Coolidge

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Cute deer dinner.

Good that the storms were inconsequential, but they weather nerds are seriously scare-mongering if they're getting people riled up for a bloody "Watch".

Even if it gets to "Warning" it's not really time to worry too much.

Qu'que chose said...

Well it is now my understanding that 4 people died in Springfield and there was beaucoup damage. Not good.