Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Now this was a cool day . . .

Our only poppy. C'est triste.



Woke up to beautiful, dry, clear blue skies and abundant sunshine. Now, let me tell you what was cool about today. After over two hours in the dentist's chair I am now sporting a temporary bridge and have all of my teeth. It may not seems like much but it is terrific. I can chew away and it feels just perfect. Then as I was working in the garden the boy from next door came to borrow two eggs. It feels so good to live a bit like in the old days when MaTante Blanche would need some milk, eggs, flour or what have you and we would oblige just as she always helped us when we needed "qu'que chose." It makes me feel warm and comfortable in this old homestead. But I've got to tell you something; a pigeon is not just any bird. It fouls whatever it lands on and it lands on the roof of the house and the porch. It's terrible. One visited a few days ago. Then we had two. Then four and now we have six who have tried to alight at the feeders. I have taken to hating them. They are dirty birds. I hope we can scare them away easily by banging on the window or I may have to beg Puppy's Pop to sit outside and wave a towel at them!

Quote: Choose an author as you choose a friend. __Roscommon

No comments: