Sunday, May 29, 2011

Phew . . .

Starting the photos from our English sojourns. Youngest's home when we went to her graduation from the University of York. This is in Darlington. They no longer live here.


It is 72 outside but near 100% humidity with the sun trying to peek out rarely. Always complaining about the weather! I like dry and sunny with enough rain for the plants and animals but have no idea if this perfection exists on God's Earth. I think He's trying my patience and I'm not passing the tests. Puppy's Pop is flying at the Sterling School and I had no inkling to walk so I just vacuumed and did a touch up dusting. Now I'm ready to sit back and as is usual try to get caught up on my daytime reading. Starting June 20 I'll be getting my National Review on line and have access to their archives and their on line bloggers. Should be fun. I'm really starting to like reading on the iPad because I can change the size of the print to suit my vision. Neat! Had a late afternoon email from Oneco friends and we went to their so beautifully landscaped home and enjoyed conversation, wine and crackers on the patio before heading to Cranston and the Hong Kong Buffet. I was a bit reticent about a Chinese buffet but it was really great and at $12.95 a person a very good deal.

Just took a 40 minute break. Youngest child called and gave us an update on their goings on. Hoping to see them here in Moosup next year! That will be so great. It's been exactly one year since we were in England so it'll be a long stretch before we see her again. They are very busy with their jobs and that's a good thing. Time to get ready for Mass.

Quote: Of the whole sum of human life no small part is that which consists of a man's relations to his country, and his feelings concerning it. __Gladstone

No comments: