Sunday, May 22, 2011

That was fun . . .




Youngest sister-in-law and I went to see Aluminum at Providence Performing Arts this afternoon. We had a good time even though the theatre was probably only about a third full. It was a fun and bouncy show, rather like a Blue Man Group with Aluminum! After the show we stopped at the Corner Bistro in North Scituate for an early dinner. Our meals were very good but the best part is that I found a new dessert that I really like, Panna Cotta. It's an Italian custard of sorts with fresh raspberries, black berries, whipped cream and a dash of balsamic vinegar. It was "délicieux." Although it was another gray, cool day it was perfect for our excursion. Hoping Puppy's Pop's Dodge will be fixed by tomorrow or Tuesday so he can pick up his brother's roto-tiller and get the garden ready for planting. I can't believe that I haven't put it in yet. Groton daughter got her tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers planted today. Hard to believe that the kids are so far ahead of "moi." Even though yesterday started out poorly I ended up at a great afternoon party for our four year old great niece who lives in Mémère and Pépère's old home. The property there looks great as does the house. We had a good time and there were oodles of kids. Kiddo enjoyed his day and since his Mom came to pick him up he was super psyched. Going to see my younger sister tomorrow so the sun will shine even if it doesn't. That's my latest philosophy. Make your own sunshine! Only way to survive this crazy Spring. I shall be amazed at what Summer has in store for us.



Quote: Where the speech is corrupted, the mind is also. __Seneca

No comments: