Thursday, May 19, 2011

And the rains are still with us . . .



Just managed to get in an evening on my mood swing when the heavens parted for the umpteenth time and the rains are upon us. Drove to Groton in the pouring rain this morning but when I left the school at one for lunch at Richoni's the sun was out and it was in the 70's and very humid. Humidity followed me home this evening but just a smidgen of sun took the ride North and now we're back to dark, cloudy and rain. We haven't been able to get the garden turned even though I've picked out our crops. I haven't bought anything yet but I'm hoping to plant next week. We shall see what the gods have in store for us after the Last Day, Saturday. Had a first today, never too late for a first of any kind. I was speaking with a nice lady at a playground and she spoke of the young girl she was watching as I was watching Kiddo play too. She said, "I'm married to her Mom and she wasn't too happy when I had to discipline her." Okay, I must admit I just took it in stride at the time but I feel sorry for the kid in some gut wrenching way. I just don't feel that kids should have to know about homosexual relationships so young. I wish they could live in a family with their very own Mom, Dad, brothers and sisters until they are at least 16 or so before they have to join the craziness of our selfish, TV, gadget lives. Sometimes it's hard to be an optimist. I never had to work at it before. It's disconcerting and uncomfortable. Life has changed so much since cave man days but I'm afraid that man himself never changes. He still makes the same errors as the earliest inhabitants of our beautiful planet. Man's happiness can never be fulfilled if he continues to act "me first." I wish I had answers to the callousness of humanity.

Quote: Teach me to feel another's woe, to hide the fault I see; that mercy I to others show, that mercy show to me. ___Pope

No comments: