Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tired . . .


















Views of the new John James Audubon Bridge spanning the Mississippi and her flood plains South of St. Francisville, LA. The bridge was opened early because of the very great flooding this year and the ferry could no longer run. We drove across it about 90 minutes after the grand opening on May 05, 2011. Beautiful structure. The highway leading to the main bridge is really a bridge too surrounded by water.



Must be getting older. I'm pooped and we've been home for a day and a half! Puppy's Pop has gone flying and I didn't even tag along to go for a walk. I can't believe that I just heard fairly loud thunder overhead and our sunny, warm, refreshing day is getting cloudy. I hope Grampa isn't flying if this storm hits! He has already mowed the lawn and we had Kiddo overnight so we're pretty much back in sync. It seems that our neighbor had to scare someone off of the porch Tuesday evening! She checked to make sure there were no broken windows and everything is fine but it ticks me off. Hoping it was just a nosey new neighbor. There certainly isn't much worth stealing except my rocker and Grampa Rose's desk! Oh, yeah, maybe some beer and wine too. I received my wild flower bouquet from that special man for Mother's Day. He made a nice arrangement! We've got our dinner all set for tonight; Richoni's spaghetti and meatballs. I love nice and easy!



Quote: Dreams full oft are found of real events the forms and shadows. __Joanna Baillie

No comments: