Monday, May 9, 2011

A moody day . . .



Not really back in sync. Today is bright, cheery but windy as the devil. I should have cleaned as is my wont but had absolutely no desire. So Puppy's Pop brought me to the Warwick Barnes and Noble so I could get pepped up picking out some books. Didn't do too badly, two out the ten I was looking for were in stock! They're ruining my "fun at the book store days." I still do better at Amazon. That's a disgrace when I need an actual outing to heft, appreciate book covers, read back covers, mull things over, try new quirky books. Oh for the days of yore, pre-amazon, pre-iPad, Kindle, Nook. I figure that God is in His laugh mode. After we returned home I delivered the Geaux Tigers posters and note paper to the Killingly High main office for my friend Sue. Not at all impressed with the new building. Looks like a jail and the lady who I thought should have greeted me was out in left field in a non-descript all purpose some kind of room. I left my items with her in the hope that they make it to Sue's mailbox. Stopped for two bottles of Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon and a mocha latte on the way back down Route 12. That made my day as the beautiful woman who waited on me was a former student. I guess I do miss the kids, not the buildings and administration though. Puppy's Pop is out mowing for the second time since our return from Louisiana early Friday morning. The place looks grand. The house smells so good because I'm making beef barley soup from the frozen Easter left overs. Middle child and family came to Moosup early yesterday evening and we had a nice, calm meal at Riverview before returning here to relax while the Kiddos played basketball. The young Kiddo also managed to attack the spruce tree his Mom fell out of when she was a kid with his new sword and quicker than lightening moves. Neat kid. He also gave a thumbs up to the swing Grampa fixed for him on the Dogwood.

Quote: To most men their early home is no more than a memory of their early years. The image is never marred. There's no disappointment in memory and one's exaggerations are always on the good side. __George Eliot

No comments: