Sunday, May 15, 2011

He is incorrigible . . .










As I walked out the door to accompany Puppy's Pop to his flying site at a neighboring town's sports fields I saw a stick and can near the door and asked if he needed it. He said, "Yes" so I grabbed it without really looking at what I was carrying since I don't wear my glasses when I go for my walk while Puppy's Pop flies. When we got to the field I dutifully helped carry the flight box and then came the realization that the can on the stick was orange spray paint to be used to paint a circle in left field. At control line contests a circle is generally marked so the pilot doesn't move around too much which would cause chaos if he strayed into someone else's circle or close to spectators. But this is a school ground in another town. You really can't paint an orange circle and expect maintenance to be thrilled about the left field markings! As it happened I walked while Grampa made use of a clover circle that fortuitously was taller than the grass and he managed to get in about 4 flights as I steamed my way around the soccer, basketball, track, long jump, shot put and baseball fields. I was picturing, Grampa caught on security cameras set up high on the school building; police knocking at our door accusing us of defacing public property; me explaining that I had already done community service because I always pick up the garbage left by others, stand up the garbage barrels that have fallen down, find the covers for said barrels in the far corners of the property where the winds seem to blow them, save soccer balls, softballs and golf balls. But for now we are safe. There are no orange circles except at the Yankee Flyers' Field. So I am relaxed for now. Allah Akbar.

Quote: Conscience! conscience! man's most faithful friend! __Crabbe

No comments: