Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just a bit perky . . .



This drab climate change weather has got to stop. At least I hope that youngest child is getting the beautiful Spring in Durham that we're not getting in New England! Just to liven up the days we went to lunch at Java Jive Sunday and had breakfast at Zip's today. The house is almost spotless, impossible to imagine, I know. Windows need big time cleaning but the pollen is so thick it is useless to try to shine anything. Puppy's Pop washed the Pontiac Sunday and it's already covered with pollen which is now stuck on it from all the rain.Want to open the four doors to let in the melancholy, drizzly light but it's only 50 degrees and I don't want the furnace to kick on but I may over rule the rules and open them anyway. I hate dark, cloudy, dismal days, so I'm making a bread machine honey wheat bread for Puppy's Pop and some stewed rhubarb for myself. It smells pretty good in here. I hear that aroma therapy is uplifting. I'll have to see if that's true. Received a best phone call today! Moosup niece, H, called to say she has a job waiting for her after she takes the state nursing boards in June. That is such great news. She and J and the kids have worked so hard for this accomplishment. I'll see them Saturday when Kiddo and I go for the little one's fourth birthday. Kiddo's Mom will come to the party to pick him up so it will be a super day. Another semi-plus: I had my first run in with an Amazon marketplace seller. She charged me $24 for a book which I was willing to pay but when the book arrived the invoice was from a different seller and the Amazon payment was only $6. So I went through proper channels and did manage to get an $8 refund, still not really satisfied but I'm the dodo bird that agreed to the $24 payment and Amazon said it was legit, just an accounting error on the seller's part so I accepted the refund and learned a lesson. I do a lot of buying from Amazon and I usually stay away from their marketplace sellers now I shall be more circumspect. Oh, merde! The oil man just drove up for our last delivery of the season. I don't think I'll even look at the bill, just let it go on the charge card and close my eyes when it comes time to pay at the end of the month.

Quote: Nothing is cheap which is superfluous, for what one does not need, is dear at a penny. __Plutarch

No comments: