Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Walking lunch . . .



Just returned from the Yankee Flyers' Field where Puppy's Pop flew and I walked my two miles on Lake Road where I inhaled lunch as I stepped lively by Automatic Rolls of New England (ie rolls for McD's.) Good way to spend part of the day. It didn't even rain but it is hot and muggy at 76 degrees. After the fox siting this morning we went for coffee and to Agway for the seeds and plants I needed if I can ever get into the garden. We had a message from Richard's Service Center and the Dodge Ram was ready with a new clutch and whatever else it needed so we went to pick it up. Met the soon to be new owner of the garage, Richard, and was quite impressed. I'm certain we've found a good place to have our cars taken care of. The closing should be in a couple of weeks. That would be terrific. Richoni's is sporting a newly oiled and painted parking lot and the lower lot has a huge load of pink stones laid over it. The wooden fence is nice and bright with all kinds of beer and whiskey signs. Place is looking good. Richard with the chef's hat gave me a monster ham grinder, chips and pickles to bring home for lunch so I won't make much of an attempt at supper tonight. While I was at Richoni's Grampa went to his kid brother's home to pick up the roto-tiller and as I write he is out working it through the garden. So we're getting a lot done today before the next rains fall. Spent a good day yesterday with my youger sister. We went out to our usual lunch at Mr. G's in East Granby and then up Route 20 into Granville, MA for our home made ice cream at the farm. It rained all day but we enjoyed our time together. Bought gas for $3.85 and thought it was a bargain. How sick is that? Also stopped for some dark chocolate at Munson's on the way home. That was a bit of a bummer because this is the second time I stop to get dark chocolate covered ginger and they don't have any. I put in a complaint but it seems they'll only be making it for the Christmas season. I may have to start a petition through the state legislature to get my ginger chocolate covered earlier than that. Since the legislature in Connecticut is useless we might as well give them useless tasks to perform!


Quote: What is human sin but the abuse of human appetites, of human passions, of human faculties, in themselves all innocent? ___R.D. Hitchcock

No comments: