Monday, June 13, 2011

Yay ! ! !


Fantastique! Went to my yearly cardiologist appointment at 8:45 this morning and I am so healthy that after my 2012 appointment he may set me free! That will be great; one less doctor to see. We celebrated with breakfast at Old Tymes where I ate my very favorite Cinnamon Crisp dunked in hot apple juice. Life is just super! We made a few stops on the way home for odds and ends. The odd at Staples cost $72! Ink cartridges for the Epson. Outrageous. The end never even made it home; an 18" inner tube for a lawn mower tire. Even Tractor Supply didn't have the right size nor did they have denatured alcohol nor a five ounce syringe. We saved so much money today! We then went to the old Sterling school for flying and walking. Walking was rough since I roamed the perimeter of the old playground fields which are not kept very well mowed. But I enjoyed the views of the Moosup River, the old swimming hole at the point and the scads of blackberry bushes. I had been enticed to go with Puppy's Pop by a suggestion that we would stop for a coffee on the way home. Naturellement, I misunderstood the offer. I was supposed to walk to Lizzy B's while he flew and that would be my coffee outing. This hearing problem is getting grave! I did manage to work in the garden for a few hours yesterday and attacked the weeds. I also transplanted nasturtiums, zinnias, sun flowers, and green beans. Since the ground is so wet and we haven't seen much of the sun lately I think my transplants will survive. That is if . . . the foxes stop lying around in the garden during their nightly hunting sessions! Puppy's Pop has found at least two dead squirrels, two baby Orioles and a mole near the horse shoe pits and I have found squashed plants in the garden! So much for the lovely wild life! I saw one of the kits lazing under a tree near the water hole and decided I would see if I could get close to him to get his portrait but he took off. I think I'll continue to make my presence known so they do run away from me and the garden! Enough of this odd togetherness!

Quote: You will find poetry nowhere unless you bring some with you. __Joubert

No comments: