Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wii . . . Wii . . . Wii . . . all the way home . . .

Puppy's Pop took this photo this morning. A bit hazy because I haven't washed the kitchen window!

What a ball! Kiddo and I went to Game Stop in Killingly Commons and came home with the Wii Plus, twelve sports games and three controllers and numchuks. Grampa, not too thrilled, none the less helped to set it up. It was almost perfect but we didn't realize what the first screen would look like and so when it came up we thought it was the opening screen to the Sony. I went to get Uncle R. in Lisbon and he dug out the old Sony remote and we were soon off and running. That was when I realized that Grampa had actually found the right button to push on top of the Sony but we hadn't recognized the screen! So Uncle set up three Miis and set the time etc and I thanked him profusely as I brought him home. It's so nice to have someone we can turn to in cases when I don't read all of the directions! Kiddo and I synchronized the controllers and he even got Grampa to play! Woot! Before he went home this morning he made his Mom a birthday card and made his Dad a Father's Day card. His art work is pretty neat and he wrote some nice thoughts in side both cards. Kiddo also got a chance to see the Daddy Fox, I think, stalking squirrels close up. He was just sitting patiently under the dogwood tree watching the bird feeders but the squirrels and birds just never showed up! Smart ones. We just returned from the old Oneco School where Puppy's Pop has gotten permission from the First Selectman to mow a flying circle. While he flew and some people came to watch I trekked over to the Cemetery to walk. I think the tick I picked up the other day was from walking around the unmown fields by the school so the cemetery was a good choice. I got a chance to say a personal hello to Gram! It's a very well kept cemetery and very old. I didn't have my glasses but I did manage to discern a birthdate of 1801. I'm certain if I took the time to look there are some much older dates. Very peaceful and calm walking just above one of Puppy's Pop's old fishing haunts, a damned cove on the Moosup River. (There were at least seven young men jumping off of the Route 14 bridge when we drove by. Still some local yokels. Neat'o!)

Quote: The very impossibility which I find to prove that God is not, discovers to me his existence. __La Bruyere

No comments: