Monday, May 21, 2012

False River . . .

Had lunch with family and friends at Satterfield's Restaurant in New Roads, Pointe Coupée. It was such a leisurely lunch I had time to sip down two Margaritas! The restaurant is somewhat unusual because it is located on False River lake an oxbow lake about ten miles long. It was at one time a part of the Mississippi River but in the 1700's the river managed to break through another channel and the lake was born. The homes around the lake are very beautiful and have a surprising amount of land along the water front. It is a Fisherman's paradise.

M. completed her second 1000 piece puzzle in a week! Yikes, I thought I was obsessed. I don't think I even worked two hours helping out with the second puzzle which we were not going to tackle. Who knows what will be awaiting when we return for our Fall visit! Will be leaving shortly for a trip to Zachary to get things set up for the June 2 graduation party which will be held in this most hospitable southern home. We'll also pick up the fixings for supper: a shrimp chowder, I think. Every trip brings us something new.

No comments: