Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sullivan's Steak House . . .

The last time I had lamb chops that were as magnificent Puppy's Pop and I were in a small medieval village in England. Last night we took son and daughter-in-law to Sullivan's in Baton Rouge and I was in heaven. The escargots son and I shared were excellent and the lamb chops brought back sweet thoughts of English daughter and her friend. Sullivan's reminded Puppy's Pop and me of the dinner we had in Leeds, England with G.'s parents in a very upscale Indian restaurant on a Saturday night. I'm starting to sound like Proust and his Madeleines! My memories are so vivid, warming, and downright deliciously comfortable.

We were celebrating southern daughter's BS in Business from the University of Phoenix. We had made arrangements to come for our Spring journey before we knew the date of the June 2 commencement exercises at the Baton Rouge River Center so we started the celebrating early! Today we shall take a drive to New Road, LA so I can continue my wide eyed marveling at the beauty of our southern family's home.

No comments: