Thursday, October 13, 2016

Found out where to stick a dongle . . .


Bought a Fitbit because the doctor says I must take my blood pressure immediately when my auras decide to creep up on me but I told him it can happen while I'm driving or in a store and blood pressure taking is not an option so he said then I must at the very least get my heart rate. Well, I'm not good at any of these things so I decided I needed something that could help me find my heart rate when necessary if at all. The problem is that the Fitbit is not compatible with the iPad 2 - it's compatible with just about any other iPad but not mine so as I tried to set the Fitbit up on the computer it told me to connect the Dongle. Okay - easier said then done. They nicely showed a picture of a Dongle which I knew I didn't have so I ordered one from Amazon. Today I got the Dongle and thought, " Hell this thing doesn't connect to the Fitbit! What the hell am I supposed to do now?" So . . . to shorten the story a bit I had a chat with Fitbit and now know that the Dongle goes into my computer! Yay! Not up to that move yet as I'm baking cookies for P&D's Pop's flying contest this weekend and also charging that little old Fitbit! But I am a work in progress and I just may be able to get this big tech innovation working for me.

Yesterday we had a great trip to Ferriday, Louisiana where we went to a cotton plantation. Frogmore was more than I expected it to be. We were allowed to roam around and pick cotton to our heart's content and take photos. I was in heaven. We stopped on the way home for bread pudding! Life can be down right interesting, fun and sweet. Sharing the day with the love of your life is part of the best life can offer. We were both tired as it is a two and a half hour drive to Frogmore from home but well worth the trip. I'd even go back again. Just driving across the Mississippi River Bridge in Natchez, MI is exciting.  The easiest way to get to Ferriday, LA is by driving north on 61 in Mississippi. Neato!

Well, time to get those cookies out of the oven.

Quote:  To endeavor to work upon the vulgar with fine sense is like attempting to hew blocks with a razor.   ___Pope

No comments: